Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kaitlin turns 1!

I can hardly believe Kaitlin turned one already! This year flew by way too fast. We kept it very simple for her first - it was just the 5 of us and the 4 Gelsomino's. Doug's surgery was scheduled for 2 days later and there was too much to do so we couldn't throw a big bash. But I assure you, Kaitlin had a good time at her party.

After dinner, we invited the Gelsomino's over for cake and presents. I made cupcakes from a banana bread mix, but added cocoa powder to the batter. The icing was real whipped cream with banana extract added to it. I dyed some of the icing pink. She loved it and so did everyone else.

As far as presents go, she doesn't get the concept of opening gifts so she's happy to let her sisters open them for her, but she enjoyed playing with them once they were opened! Even though we didn't have a party with lots of friends, several friends dropped off presents for her anyway so she got lots of stuff to play with and wear. Such a happy girl with such happy sisters!

I wish my software for fixing red eye was working, but this is her watching the cupcake with a candle on it being delivered to her as we sang. Such a wonderful look!






On the phone with Grandma and Grandpa...




No comments: