Saturday, March 24, 2012

Random January-February 2012 Pictures

Just trying to catch people up on what's going on around here. We had major illness that started with Kaitlin throwing up 9 times in one day this January. Next to get it was me. Then Nicole. Then Doug. Then Caroline. All in a row, but barely overlapping so that at least we weren't all sick at once. It's a lot easier to care for people when you aren't sick, too! But then again, I felt homebound way more than usual. It felt like FOREVER before we were all well again! Here's my poor baby asleep on the couch the day after all the vomiting. See all the towels, just in case?


Unseasonably warm weather this winter prompted my girls to sun themselves one January afternoon. While they thought it cool to sit on Dad's car, it doesn't look so comfortable.
Naptime! Doug tries to stay awake watching football while Kait sleeps in his arms.
Kaitlin is my little helper in the kitchen. Sometimes when she is in a bad mood and nothing will make her happy, all I have to do is pull out her stool and she is instantly better. "Help Mommy! Help Mommy!" she shouts as she stands at attention at the counter ready to mix whatever we're making. I've learned a little secret to keeping the mess to a minimum that I'll share with you. Rather than giving her a spoon to mix with (which immediately sends plumes of flour into the air and all over the counter/floor/us) simply give her chop sticks and tell her they are stirring sticks. Flour just doesn't get the same loft with a stirring stick as it does with a spoon so most of it stays in the bowl! She loves to make anything - pancakes, scones, cake, cookies, eggs, tuna salad, pasta salad, salad, etc. She's a great eater so sometimes this poses a challenge. You see below that she likes to lick the spoons and beaters. I know, I know. Salmonella. Meh.

Love the apron Becca picked out for her while they were in town last December!

Happy girls. Not sure why Nikki isn't represented. She may have been the photographer. She's been known to take a few pictures without asking...




No comments: