Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nicole's Piano Recital - Dec 2011

In December, Nikki's piano teacher (my good friend Teresa!) decided to have her 13 students hold a piano recital at a retirement center/assisted living facility. It was Christmas time, so most kids played Christmas songs, but a few (including Nikki) played Hanukkah songs as well. She actually played a Hanukkah song, and then We Three Kings. Unfortunately I was unprepared with the camera when she played the Hanukkah song first and it was over so fast, I was lucky to get a movie of this!

They all did great and it was so well received, that Teresa wants to do this again in the summer - with a patriotic theme. She believes it's important to share your talent with others and do good for the community so that is why she chooses such venues as this for the recitals. I have to say, the residents were thrilled to have the kids there. It brought a tear to my eye as I have not been in a place like this since my days of visiting Nana at Friendship Village. I miss her. But my goodness, how easy it is to bring joy to these people. Simply walk the corridors with my three girls all dressed up!



No comments: