Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Arthur Clifton, Rest In Peace

While we were in Oklahoma, we finally laid my father's ashes to rest in a small Catholic cemetery in Arkansas. My sister's & Mother's parish priest, Fr. Henry, presided. It was an intimate gathering of my mother; Cassandra & Jay with most of their kids, Logan, Shannon, CJ, and Fulton; and the five of us. (Ryan was away at camp)
Jay dug the hole the day before, Doug and Jay recorded the ceremony and then put the cameras down in order to push the dirt back in. Afterwards, Father Henry asked us to share some memories, which we did. I'm posting some still shots here. Terra: I'll post the movies elsewhere unless anyone else wants to see them.









Mom and I ordered a headstone for Dad, which will take up to 10 weeks before it's ready. Here's a blurry picture of what it will look like on beautiful mahogany granite. It'll be on a slab angled up.

No comments: