Anyone who knows us well, knows that Doug and I are NOT animal people. That said, I feel the need to point out that we are not mean to animals and show them respect. But we do not want any in our house (nor do we want anyone else's to lick us, sit on our laps, brush up against us, etc...) But our children have an affinity towards animals - especially Nikki. Both girls want a career with animals someday. So we finally broke down and bought them each a fish to keep in their own tanks. We went to Petco after much research, and decided on Betta fish. The males are fighters, so they have to be quarantined. Nikki picked out a beautiful red male with long feathery fins, and named him the manly name of "Bubbles." Caroline picked out a black female with short fins, and named her "Rainbow Brite." Neither name fits them, but who am I to say? They are thrilled and we are off the hook.
Nikki and Bubbles.
Bubbles up close.
No comments:
Post a Comment