Saturday, October 9, 2010

Locks of Love

Nikki has been growing her hair for more than a year and had been reluctant to cut it for quite a while. But then she decided that she would donate her hair to Locks of Love so that a child with no hair due to cancer or some other ailment could have a wig. In order to do this, she needed to donate 10". Ten inches was going to make her hair really short, which she hated in the past so I told her about Pantene's donation program that only requires 8". When Nikki found out Pantene's wigs were for women and not children, she decided to donate the 10" no matter what her style would look like afterwards. Such a selfless act for a girl who usually obsesses over her hair. Luckily her new haircut is totally cute and she loves it! And I love it because it's so much easier for her to keep neat and clean by herself!

Caroline also got a haircut that day, but it was like no other haircut I've ever seen in that the stylist did it dry, and just cut here and there to shape it. Heck, I could have done that and saved myself $15. But it looks better than before. How could curls not be cute?!


Nikki before the cut
Caroline after her cut

Caroline's new 'do from behind
Nikki after, holding her ponytail that we mailed off to Locks of Love



3 comments:

PGutman said...

Nikki,

This haircut is do cute! I love the hair and I love what you did. You are sure a special girl! Love you, Grandma

PGutman said...

Caroline,

You haircut was very nice. Your curls are all in place now! Love you so much. Can't wait to see you next week! Grandma

Marcia Morman said...

Nikki,
What a great thing to do!! Your new style is quite grown up - and you look like your mom from the back!
Both you girls are beauties. :-)
Love,
Aunt Marcia