The girls and I spent two weeks in Michigan to be with my parents. My sisters and their children were there, too! One weekend, Doug flew out to join us, as did my sister Terra's husband, Matt. That same weekend, Doug's parents and Matt's parents visited as well. It was a wonderful time. The cousins played so nicely together and while my dad doesn't have much energy, we all got quality time with him. He introduced his grandchildren to opera, which Nikki has really taken to. She watched all of Wagner's "die Meistersinger," and part of his "The Flying Dutchman." My 14-year-old nephew Ryan listens to old time radio shows on tape with my dad every night. Terra (and her daughter Hannah) and I are home now, but my other sister, Cassandra and her 5 children are all still there and will be until the end. She homeschools the kids so they're not missing a beat. While there, we three and two of my nieces stayed at a cabin on a lake down the street from my parents, donated by a neighbor. Terra and Hannah stayed at a hotel. Cassandra and the 3 boys stayed at my parents' home. During this time, my Aunt Carol also visited and it was really great to see her. It's been a bit of a revolving door lately.
Even though the reason for gathering is so sad, we've had a great time. We've been apple picking, visited the beach a few times, Nikki learned how to ride her two-wheeler bike finally, and I took the boys and Caroline to the Air Zoo (airplane/space museum) in Kalamazoo. Here are some pictures from over the last few weeks. I'll label them and post more soon. This takes too long and I have to help Nikki study for a math test and make dinner!
1 comment:
*knock knock* Anybody home?
We need some posts in here! You are seriously slacking. . .
:)
Post a Comment