Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wrapping up May 08







Not much to report this week. Caroline got invited to attend school on Friday (she only goes Monday and Wednesday) because the class was having a pizza party. Pre-K 3 turned in the most boxtops and Campbells Labels for Education and were rewarded with this party. Instead of the usual 11:15 am pick up time, I got her at 1pm. She was very unhappy and grumped the whole way home because she wanted to stay longer! Monday is her celebration concert. We can't wait!

I went to my monthly game night on Thursday. Instead of Rummikub, we're now playing Taboo. Great fun! Last night, Doug hosted his monthly poker night. It was not a good sign when he came up at 11pm and asked if I had any cash. Hmmmm. He finally came to bed at 1:30am. Better luck next month!

Construction is going on next door. They are adding another floor to their house. It's right on the edge of our property and will block some of the sun. Now when we look out our attic window, we look right at their wall. At least my peonies still get sun. That's what I was most worried about.
Today's weather is supposed to be very rainy with high winds and possible hail, so Doug quick mowed the lawn, I tied up the peonies, and we cut a bunch of peonies to bring in just incase the storm ruins them. Now he's taking the girls to the park to let them burn some energy before being forced indoors. Tomorrow should be beautiful which is good, because we have a birthday party to go to. Caroline's friend, Kennedy, is turning 4 and they're having a girly tea party and then a huge barbeque. All day. It'll be fun - Kennedy's brother, Tyler, is in Nikki's class, and their older sister, Marina, is also friendly with Nikki. And we like the parents - they came to Doug's surprise 40th party, so we're glad to go. And I don't have to make dinner!

My dad's train arrives in NYC Sunday night - assuming Amtrak is on time... The girls are excited he'll be here for Caroline's concert! And that's it for this week. I'll blog more in a few days.

-Kim

No comments: